streda 31. januára 2018

WZR: Imperial vs. Bauhaus (500 pts.)

Strongpoint #742.496. He was here 13 years ago. When the forces of Imperial corporation has retaken it from Bauhaus. And since that time they had hold the old stronghold. Till yesterday. Contact was lost. Rescue team has disappeared. Code Red was declared. 

Dark Reaper stood silent and observed his surroundings. A jungle was quiet. Not a good sign. Definitely not a good sign. But it wasn't that what distressed him most. The main doors were wide open. He could see that from his vantage point. Damn it. 

Memories of this place had returned. Full of blood and suffering. Faces of the lost comrades had reappeared. He clenched his left fist. His claws immediately reacted to the movement. He sensed something on his right side. Tremors. A jungle was so thick that he had no chance to see anything. Suddenly shapes appeared in the near undergrowth. He leveled up the barrel of his gun but he was too slow . 

A trap was triggered. And Imperials were the prey.






So second game. I am still waaiting for my new minies (and don´t want another till I will paint my 500 pts list), so our lists are pretty same as in the previous game. No major changes. Mission 2: Receonnaissance. And I am little bit afraid. It will be hard to control 3 table zones with only 14 models. But we will see.

MoW list: MacGuire, 5x Imperial Special Forces (IR googles, infiltrate), 5x Blood Berets (shooty), 3x Golden Lions. 

Bauhaus list: Venusian Kapitan, 10x Hussars (1x MG-40 LMG, sharpshhoter), 5x Venusian Rangers (camo cloaks, 2x rockets), 3x Armoured Hussar Juggernaut.

Bauhaus oponent won the initiative and deployed Hussars with Kaptin and Juggernauts in his deployment zone. Rangers will be stalking. Unit of ISF is my only regular deployed unit. Then I infiltrated Blood Berets and Tommy near the stalk markers (rangers) and deployed 3 stalk markers as my Golden Lions.




Turn 1: Rangers are revealed. They have delivered their deadly payload and 3 blood berets have been taking out of action. I counter-charged them with Macguire and remaining Berets, killing only 2 in progress. Rest of our armies have only moved, my lions are holding close to Juggernauts. They are waiting for a good opportunity to strike. 






Turn 2: Initiative was mine and I seized it. Venusian rangers were torn apart and nothing stood in Timothy´s way to the center line of the table. Blood Berets were following him, but one was lost to lucky shot from a hidden Hussar. ISF are ready to action in next turn. There is one of two remaining stalk markers (golden lions). 






Turn 3: Golden Lions are revealed by a bold Juggernaut. His boldness was rewarded by a quick death. ISF are moving to better position behind the crates. MacGuire is trying to kill Hussars on my right flank, but he is not sucessful at all. Then my scouting lion survived a hailstorm of fire and lost only one wound.








Turn 4: I won ini again. It is time to send remaining Juggernauts to their graves. But ... I managed to put 4 wounds from 5 attacks on the first one and he just saved them all. Then I hit the second one 5 times and he received just one wound. Incredible save rolls made by my oponent. I am sure this was the breaking point of the game. ISF popped up from their cover, but Juggernauts armour was too thick. Timothy´s grenade launcher killed only 2 Hussars. And then he was shot to death. So far nothing was lost. If I could win ini and finish the Juggernauts ...




Turn 5: ... but I didn´t. One lion is crushed. Second one survived with last wound. And fought back. Surprised Juggernaut was hit four times. But lost only one wound. Both of them (lion and juggernaut) were killed by Hussar´s fire to close combat. To make it worse, lucky bullet had found my last blood beret. With onyly 3 models on the table I surrender.

Final score - 15:0 for Bauhaus.
(+10 for primary mission and +5 for body counts).

What a great game. My hammer and anvil tactic worked. I surrounded my opponents army. Then my hammer simply broke in the worst imaginable way. But never mind. The revenge will be mine.

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára