nedeľa 1. júla 2018

WZR: Imperial vs. Mishima (500 pts.)

Warzone: Resurrection


"Death before Dishonour." He was thinking about this way of military life. And he considered it foolish. It was better to survive. And to fight another day. Soldiers of Mishima corporation were formidable opponents. They always fight to the bitter end. For him the war was less personal. But this doesn´t matter.

Units under his command were preparing. As was he. Cleaning of his personal weapon was the kind of meditation for him. He knew from his own experience, that jammed weapon in the heat of battle can mean you end dead. And that was not outcome he was heading for.

"Come on lads, we are leaving in five." He did not wait for answers. He knew that his men will be ready when the time comes.



It has been while since the last report. So some good news at the beginning. Our small warzone community is growing. This time I played a game with our newest member against his Mishima. It is very positive that each new player is going to play different army. It reminds me that I need to choose second army (i am thinking about brotherhood).

We decided to play a low army point format cause we had only 2 hours for playing. I brought my Imperial´s consisting of: McBride, 5x Blood Berets, 5x Blood Berets with chainrippers, 5x ISF with one mastiff and 3x Barracuda. As you can see I decided to go for as much blood berets as I can. I simly love this models and they are very good for my playing style. I deployed shooty berets in the buiding on the right side. Berets withrippers took a centre and ISF was chilling in the deployment zone (till i have used preemptive strike redeploy). Barracudas are off the table using rd.




Mishima had brought this list: Commander Nozaki, 10x Hatamoto, 5x Ebon Guard, 5x Tiger Dragon. And I was very curious what their performance will be. My opponent deployed hos army in one consistent line and. Tiger dragons are using rd as my barracudas. I won initiative for first turn.

We are playing mission 1: Advanced base. Objective marker scattered closer to my opponents deployment zone.




TURN 1


I practivaly moved forward my whole army. Berets in the ruins have killed four of Hatamotos under the walkway. I am trying to concentrate my army on one flank, hold this position till turn 4 and move as much survivors toward the objective.




Tiger Dragons arrived on the table using rapid deployment. My opponent tried to make a pressure on my left flank with them. But bad rolls for LD test and scatter caused that dragons moved 9" from their initiatial position. Far away from my soldiers.


TURN 2

Blood Berets are advancing. And they are killing more Hatamotos in the process. I must say they are very reliable in short range shooting (short-range burst is so amazing). 




Commander Nozaki with Ebon Guard had moved closer to the objective. Barracudas had arrived but they managed to kill only one Hatamoto (damm but their armour was too thick for my S10 grenades). Two of my Berets with chainrippers charged and I killed one Ebon Guard member. In return, remaining members of Ebon Guard shred my brave berets to pieces.




McBride and his sqaud is controlling right flank. I am using the rest of my force as bait to lure Ebon Guard to them.




TURN 3


Barracudas are flying over the battlefield, killing the remaining Hatamotos. Last close combat berets were killed by Ebon Guard. Nozaki put 2 markers near the objective.




Tiger Dragons had finally joined the fight and I lost 2 barracudas. Its time to clean the space around the objective. I moved berets closer. Their shooting is devastating and remaining Ebon Guards were wiped out. Then McBride fired at Nozaki and you can see the result on the picture. Absolutely unbelievable.






TURN 4

I moved all my remaining models in the 8" range from the objective and the game ends.





GAME OVER

Imperial 15 (10MP for claiming the objective, 5MP for body count) : Mishima 0.


Realy nice game with better ending for Imperial. I was surprised how durable are Mishima´s units. I think it was for the first time I was forced to use rockets over the barracuda´s grenades on infantry. Good lesson learned.

What was best, my opponent wrote me few hours after the game with new ideas for his army list. He liked the game and its mechanics. He also realized some rules he forgot. So next time it will be much harder. But that is really good and I am looking forward for our next confrontations. 


Thanks for reading.



+++ Alessan +++

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára